Re: Better DB Class MySQL

On Feb 17, 2008 3:49 PM, Larry Garfield <larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thursday 14 February 2008, Richard Lynch wrote:

> > > not true - some of them use firebird ;-)
> >
> > And some have figured out that PDO does not quite live up to its
> > promise (yet) and needs some more work...
> >
> > Particularly for the commercial DBs, as I understand it...
>
> You say that like I care about non-open-source databases.  It's not PDO's
> fault that Oracle still thinks it's 1988. :-)
>
> Even if you're just using MySQL, PDO is far nicer than ext/mysql and
> ext/mysqli is not widely installed enough to be useful for those of us who
> have to deal with shared hosts.

You say that like you're the only person using PHP for databases. ;-)

Perhaps you don't care; some of us do. (SQL Server in my case, not Oracle.)
I like the idea of PDO, but I don't like the way a couple things work with
regard to parameterized queries and some things just flat out don't work
right.

Andrew