Re: Re: Create collections of objects

Peter Ford <pete@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Emilio Astarita wrote:
>> Hi people,
>>

> A static method should still be able to set values of private members. I do
> something like:

Thank you, I was not sure how to implement it.

Another question. It would be a better approach, making the constructor
private?

> Then you get an array of elements which match the (possibly wild-carded)
> condition, indexed by the element Id (useful for making HTML <select> lists, for
> example).
>
> In fact, I have a base class which implements this by class introspection -
> filling the properties of objects which extend it by mapping them to the
> database fields...

Good idea. Do you use a script to do mapping or you ask by the fields
to the database with the name of the table?

Thanks again

--

Emilio Astarita <emilio.astarita@xxxxxxxxx>