Re: Session and Multi Server Architecture

On Mon, February 11, 2008 1:53 pm, Per Jessen wrote:
> Paul Scott wrote:
>
>> Either that or in a db, but if you are already in clustering, you
>> probably have a memcached instance already right?
>
> Am I right in thinking that memcached will replicate session
> information
> across a cluster, and that your application is only safe as long as
> you
> stick _all_ session-related info in $_SESSION?

Yes and yes...

Tho I suppose you might have some "extra" info in the replicated DB
about the user that would not be crucial to be up-to-the-second
accurate that could be considered part of your "session" data...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?