Re: Template system in PHP

> REST is the new SOAP.  Yaml is the new XML.  I'm guessing this news
> just hasn't made it into any PHP frameworks yet.

that's a very oversimplifying statement.
REST is good for small requests and stuff but there are cases when SOAP
is needed (at least in cases when you have to connect to some external
app with SOAP interface)
YAML is good for configuration files and stuff like that, but in no way
is replacement for XML, which is much more flexible and has the DOM API
which is very powerful.

and by the way, symfony has YAML configuration files and a plugin for
REST services.

greets
Zoltán Németh