Re: PHP JavaBridge on Windows XP Pro

On Feb 11, 2008 11:45 AM, David Giragosian <dgiragosian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At the request of a supervisor who only programs in Java, I installed
> JavaBridge on an intranet web server running Apache 2.0.59 and PHP 5.1.6,
> and we've gotten a few PHP/Java applications up and running.
>
> Problem is, unless I'm having a senior moment, they only work if a user is
> logged into the server. Some Googling suggests that since Java, or the Java
> Virtual Machine, is not a service on Windows, it goes away when you log out,
> so there is nothing for the bridge connect to.
>
> Is this a reasonable understanding of the problem? Is there a solution other
> than keeping 'some' user logged in and the machine behind a locked door?
>
> I do manage some CentOS web servers here, but the IS guys really want me to
> use only RPM installs of PHP, and the Java module is not present as far as I
> can see.
>
> --
>
> -David.
>
> When the power of love
> overcomes the love of power,
> the world will know peace.
>
> -Jimi Hendrix

    I don't know if this will help you out, David, but if you don't
already know about RPMFind.net, you should get well-acquainted with
it.

    http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Arpmfind.net+javabridge

    Also, if you're using yum, update your repositories and attempt to
install JavaBridge via that.  It should resolve all dependency issues
automatically.

    Specifically to your question, I believe you could just run an
application as a SYSTEM service on Windoze, but I'm not positive.
However, I did find this application that may help you out a bit:

        http://www.application-as-service.com/order/

--
</Dan>

Daniel P. Brown
Senior Unix Geek
<? while(1) { $me = $mind--; sleep(86400); } ?>