Re: Ajax, an HTML form being saved in mySQL

Hello,

on 02/11/2008 12:19 AM Ron Piggott said the following:
> I am trying to bring my programming skills together ... but I have hit a
> road block.
>
> I am writing my own ledger (accounting) software.
>
> I am needing help to pass 2 variables generated by Ajax through my form
> to be saved in a mySQL table.
>
> A sample of what ledger_select_account.js outputs is as follows --- the
> PHP script it accesses queries a table and then echo's this to the
> screen.

This is a bit confusing, but it seems you want a typical linked select
input form. Take a look here and see if this is similar to what you want:

http://www.meta-language.net/forms-examples.html?example=test_linked_select

That was done with this forms generation and validation class. It comes
with plug-in that can link select inputs in order to switch the options
of one when another changes the selected value. It comes with a variant
of that plug-in that can perform an AJAX request and retrive the new
options from a MySQL database.

http://www.phpclasses.org/formsgeneration

--

Regards,