Re: date() and wrong timezone (or time)

Martin Marques schreef:
Nathan Nobbe escribió:
On Feb 6, 2008 6:13 AM, Martin Marques <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I got an update from tzdata on a Debian server due to a daylight saving
change here in Argentina.

I doubt that debian stable is pushing newer versions of TZ db, than that found in
php ... you don't mention your php version btw.

The problem is that, even when the system sees the correct time, php
keeps giving me the *old* hour.

$ date
mié feb  6 09:03:57 ARST 2008
$ echo "<?php echo date('H:i') . \"\n\"; ?>"|php5
08:04

What can my problem be?

what timezone does php think it's in? - output all stuff from date,
not just hour:minutes.

see what you have as the value for the date.timezone ini setting.

I've already checked that, and it's not set.

it should be set to something, so fix that.

Anyway, I found out that PHP uses an internal tz database (very bad IMHO) and it might be out of date.

there is a good reason for this being internal - and if you search the
internals mailing list archive you'll find plenty of discussion about it.

whether it's bad depends on whether you look at it from a phper's POV or a
sysadmin/package maintainers POV - there is no way to make everyone happy in this
situation AFAICT.