Re: PHP Source code protection

On Wed, February 6, 2008 5:28 am, Zoran Bogdanov wrote:
> I'm building a C# application that connects to a server that has PHP
> scripts
> on it.
>
> We need to deliver the complete solution to a firm, the C# is no
> problem
> because it is compiled...
>
> But PHP is a problem bacause it is interpreted and we will have to
> deliver
> pure, unprotected script...
>
> Is htere a way to secoure my code so when they put it on the server,
> they
> can't see it!

A clear license will go a lot farther than some technology here...

That said, there is the Zend Encoder and the ???Priada Blender??? or
somesuch.

If you Google for those, you should find more solutions as well in
comparisons and archives.

One other option.

After you get your PHP code all worked out, re-write it as a custom
PHP extension -- or even just the core of it, and send them a .so or
.dll to install.

Note that unless it's something REALLY special, it's faster and easier
for somebody to reverse engineer it just from the behaviour than to
bother to "crack" your code with a debugger and dis-assembler.

And if it IS that tricky, somebody with enough time/energy CAN
dis-assemble it and figure it out if they want to badly enough.

So, to come back to the original statement:
If you just want to keep honest people honest, a clear license that
says exactly what they can and can't do with the code is all you need,
and a lot easier for integration.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?