Re: Recommended ORM for PHP

2008. 02. 6, szerda keltezéssel 22.10-kor js ezt írta:
> Hi list,
>
> When creating a LAMP app, I always start by writing ORM myself.
> It's fun but it usually takes a  long time.
> Besides, that always results in a toy-system,
> I mean, that has not so many features, not so efficient non-bug-free.
>
> I started to think that now is the time  to throw away my rubbish
> and use more effective Open source ORM.
>
> So my  question is what ORM are you using?
> What ORM do you recommend?
> There're lots of Web app frameworks out there
> but I could't find simple ORM in PHP.

check out doctrine:
http://trac.phpdoctrine.org/
or propel:
http://propel.phpdb.org/trac/

however, these are not 'simple' ORMs.
in my opinion, doctrine is great, with lots of features and cool
documentation, but it's still heavily under development, so not at all
stable. on the other hand, propel is stable, but lacks some of
doctrine's best features (inheritance, query-result caching, etc)

greets
Zoltán Németh