tar -zxf Fileinfo-1.0.3.tgz
cd Fileinfo-1.0.3
phpize
./configure
make
make install

Libraries have been installed in:
   /usr/local/src/Fileinfo-1.0.3/modules

If you ever happen to want to link against installed libraries
in a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, and
specify the full pathname of the library, or use the `-LLIBDIR'
flag during linking and do at least one of the following:
   - add LIBDIR to the `LD_LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable
     during execution
   - add LIBDIR to the `LD_RUN_PATH' environment variable
     during linking
   - use the `-Wl,--rpath -Wl,LIBDIR' linker flag
   - have your system administrator add LIBDIR to `/etc/ld.so.conf'

See any operating system documentation about shared libraries for
more information, such as the ld(1) and ld.so(8) manual pages.

Build complete.
(It is safe to ignore warnings about tempnam and tmpnam).

[root@linux4 Fileinfo-1.0.3]# make install
Installing shared extensions:     /usr/lib64/php/modules/

--
madunix