RE: Re: Tool for programmer team

Use Dreamweaver.  It has a lo-tech check-in -- check-out capabilities

-----Original Message-----
From: news [mailto:news@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Colin Guthrie
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 4:32 AM
To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Re: Tool for programmer team

Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
> What is a good tool to coordinate a team of programmers efficiently?
>
> To give each one a different part of the project is a start, but it needs
> get combined at some points to be a working project.
>
> Not to debug code you have written was a hint, to see actually bugs as a
bug
> and not as a feature.
>
> Some hinted let programmer be on different places, others say put them
> together on a big table, ...
>
> Where can I find more information about that subject?

For me:

 * SVN (http://www.subversion.org/) for code/VCS

 * Trac (http://trac.edgewall.org/) for Wiki, VCS viewing, tickets/tasks
+ more)

 * Timing And Estimation Plugin
(http://www.trac-hacks.org/wiki/TimingAndEstimationPlugin) for tracking
time spent on given tasks)

 * Work Log Plugin (http://www.trac-hacks.org/wiki/WorkLogPlugin) for
showing at a glance which tickets the devs are currently (or have
recently been) working on (and to add time automatically).

 * Clients Plugin (http://www.trac-hacks.org/wiki/ClientsPlugin) To
track tasks specific to different clients and send edited highlights of
development automatically.

 * Doxygen Plugin (http://www.trac-hacks.org/wiki/DoxygenPlugin) to show
doxygen generated code docs inside Trac.

Disclaimer: I wrote Work log and Clients. They integrate nicely with
Timing And Estimation which I also hacked on. There are lots of holes
and lots of improvements that could (and will eventually) be made.

Feel free to ask more questions, but the above works for me and my team.

Col