Re: flash with PHP

2008. 02. 3, vasárnap keltezéssel 09.23-kor Alain Roger ezt írta:
> Hi,
>
> i would like to have a flash menu in my PHP website.
> this is no problem.
>
> My problem is how to exchange data between PHP andFlash (in both direction).
> i found a lot of posts on this theme, but nothing with really works under
> ActionScript 3 and PHP.
>
> does anyone already solved such topic ?

you can pass parameters to the flash with this tool:
http://blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/

and the flash can issue http requests thus reach the php server side.
once we implemented a site where we did not want the page to reload but
it needed to communicate with the server, it issued http GET requests,
the server responded with xml data, and the flash parsed and used the
xml data (don't ask me about how, because my colleague did it, I made
only the server part ;) )

greets
Zoltán Németh