Re: first php 5 class

On Jan 30, 2008 1:36 PM, Eric Butera <eric.butera@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for your post.  Competition is a good thing.

I agree.  PHP is the reason we're not all still working out of a cgi-bin.

> Have you looked at the PHPUnit code coverage reports?  Of course it
> isn't built in like you say, which sounds pretty nice.
> http://sebastian-bergmann.de/archives/578-Code-Coverage-Reports-with-PHPUnit-3.html

If you only need to test data integrity then it seems good enough.  I
would argue that being able to test xhr requests is a basic
requirement at this stage in web development.

> What is the advantage of having integrated subversion/git?  Using
> stand-alone svn I can manage any files I want within projects using an
> IDE or command line.  Sometimes I don't want to commit directories or
> new features yet and I can pick and choose my way.

One command `cap deploy` to deploy all your code to multiple load
balanced web servers, recipe style.  Supports SSH, Subversion, web
server clustering, etc.  And the best thing about Capistrano is that
it isn't Rails specific, you can use it for any sort of code rollout.
The recipes are written in Ruby not some silly contrivance like XML.

--
Greg Donald
http://destiney.com/