Re: How can I do this -- method chaining

On Jan 29, 2008 7:27 PM, Stut <stuttle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Personally I'd use a static method in this instance.

thats what i recommended.

If you need to create
> an instance of the class you can do so in the static method and that way it
> will get destroyed when the function is done. Otherwise the object scope is
> far larger than it needs to be, which IMHO is an unnecessary waste of
> resources and certainly less aesthetic.

lost you on this part ..
whether you create an instance in client code by calling new or
encapsulate the call
to new in a simple factory method there will still be only one
instance of the class,
and it will still be in scope once the method is finished executing,
because all it does
is return an instance of the class its a member of.
maybe you mean something other than what i posted earlier when you say
static method?

-nathan