Re: how dod you get to do multiple mysql queries concurrently?

Nathan Rixham wrote:

> I posted you a short script on this thread at 04:07 GMT today that'll
> get you multithreading (via cli) - but even then you can shell exec
> that cli script from apache..

Yeah, I noticed, thanks.  The thing is - once pcntl_fork() is added to
the mix, it's getting a little too complicated for what was otherwise a
simple php web-application.  I'm thinking I'm probably better off with
my iframe-rpc stuff.

>Back on the mysql side of things, try using geometry columns rather
>than numerical primary keys, with spatial indexes.. it's a MASSIVE
>performance upgrade (I've cut 5 second queries down to 0.005 by using
>geo columns)

Uh, could you could elaborate a bit on that (whilst I go and do some
googling)?

/Per Jessen, Zürich