Re: Posting Summary for Week Ending 25 January, 2008: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Jan 24, 2008 1:11 PM, Daniel Brown <parasane@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jan 24, 2008 8:13 AM, Jay Blanchard <jblanchard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > The first time we ever see all of us face to face there will have to be
> > a lot of beer bought. The conversation will be interesting though.
> > Several folks will ask and answer questions. I will say RTFM so many
> > times that folks will quit listening to me. Then Richard will answer all
> > of the questions in one long monologue. Daniel will then recap. Some
> > fool will ask a MySQL question at which point we will all point to
> > another room and advise them to get their answer there, either that or
> > they will have to buy the next round. A fist fight will occur when
> > someone provides an answer to a question that hasn't been asked. The
> > phrase "curly braces, schmurley braces" will be heard. And someone will
> > no doubt ask everyone else to speak up so that we can all hear the
> > question or answer.
>
>     People will then be scorned for speaking with someone one-on-one,
> and the person to which they were speaking will have to repeat the
> conversation to the group, verbatim.  And eventually someone will ask
> a question of their own during someone else's conversation, and then
> when they change the subject, no one will even know what conversation
> they were originally referring to.  Crayon will show up for a few
> minutes, use some very big words, and then mysteriously disappear
> again.  Someone new to the party will come out of the bathroom,
> immediately hit the hors d'oeuvre table, and several people will scold
> said person for not sanitizing his input.  Every so often, the phone
> will ring, and it will be someone asking a one-off question from one
> of the neighborhood newsgroups.  Someone will be tinkering around in
> the corner for a while, and then disappear to the second floor for a
> short while to have a talk with the Internals department.  Then, the
> worst sin of all occurs: someone top-posts in the middle of a
> discussion.  That person is then brutally assaulted, argues back and
> calls names, and is then never heard from again.
>
>     Then, out of nowhere, *some darn fool* will just keep saying the
> same thing, over and over again, to the tune of about 93 times, once
> every minute. :-\
>
> > Maybe this is the premise for the next great novel....
>
>     I'd buy it. :-D
>
> --
> </Dan>
>
> Daniel P. Brown
> Senior Unix Geek and #1 Rated "Year's Coolest Guy" By Self Since
> Nineteen-Seventy-[mumble].

And then periodically Dan will stand up in the middle of the room and
tell everyone how many times each person has spoken since his last
count. This will, of course, prompt someone in the back of the room to
complain because he didn't want anyone to know he was even in the room
in the first place. :-D

Andrew