Best Approach

Hello fellow members of this list,

There is a couple of rutinary tasks that our servers (different platforms)
perform during the night. Early during the day, we have to check that every
task was performed correctly and without errors. Actually, we do this by
hand, going first to server A (AIX platform), and verifying that the error
logs files have a size of zero (0), which means that there were no errors to
report on the logs, verify that some files have been written to a specific
directory and so on. As I told you before, this is done by hand, many ls
commands, grep?s and more?s here and there!!

On the other hand, I have to do this on a another Windows 2003 server!!

So, I?m thinking on creating a web page on PHP that performs all this tasks
for me, and my fellow co-workers. But, all my experience with PHP is about
working with data on MySQL server, wrting files to a harddisk, sending
e-mails with or without attachments and so on.

Is PHP a correct approach to solve this tedious problem?? Can I access a
servers and get the results of a ls command for instance??

Best Regards,

Miguel Guirao Aguilera, Linux+, ITIL
Sistemas de Información
Informática R8 - TELCEL