Re: More frustration with MySQL and PHP

On Jan 21, 2008 3:52 PM, Jason Pruim <japruim@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Would that not give favor to people who appear to like to hear them
> selves talk (Or type in this case since I can not just call a simple
> txttospeach("Speak this electronic mail so that all may hear the glory
> that is my voice!");) and can get into long winded discussions about
> the theory of programming and how everything in computers works in a
> theoretical world?

    Actually, you can do text to speech in PHP.  ;-P

    I wrote a PHP TTS module last year, so you can call txt2wav().
Tedd and some others have used it.  It still needs work, and I'd hoped
to have the new version done by the first of the year, but I missed.
Until I get it a bit more stable, it's only on
http://www.pilotpig.net/, with an old version at SourceForge.

--
</Dan>

Daniel P. Brown
Senior Unix Geek and #1 Rated "Year's Coolest Guy" By Self Since
Nineteen-Seventy-[mumble].