Re: regex

Well actually not a real lot so far. I'm just trial and error(lots of that)
at the moment. I've only been 'playing with php for about a month or so.
$file = "phptest1.txt";
$rep = array ("tbl_" , "_%", "bool default 0", "bool default 1", '?');
$wih = array ("", "_pc", "bool DEFAULT FALSE", "bool DEFAULT TRUE", "" );

if (is_file($file)) :

  $fh = fopen($file, "r+") or die("File does not exist");
  while (! feof($fh)) :
   $line = fgets($fh,4096);
   $str = strtolower($line);
   $str_fixed = str_replace($rep, $wih, $str);
      print $str_fixed . "<br />";
  endwhile;

Then as far as the regexp part for replacing the space inbetween [blah blah
blah] with _ goes it was a case of try delete try delete etc. I may need to
break the string into an array but that in its self adds its own problems.

Think one of my problems is Im try to run before I can crawl with php,
postgre regex etc. Also its fun trying to workout things when all the books
you come across are php/mysql.

Came across an old message in my trawl of the news group that 'may' help
going to give that a try as soon as I get the time. (it was more to do with
replacing | with space between " " but it maybe convertable)