Re: New years resolution: To get serious with my programming! Anyone wanna help? :)

Daniel Brown wrote:
On Jan 15, 2008 6:42 PM, Jochem Maas <jochem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
funny that, I usually use 'exit;' for a clean exit and 'die();' to signify
a shitty exit ... although they are actually indentical functionally - just
my idiosyncrasity ... that said I also so stuff like 'exit(1);' when I really
want to offer a proper exit code. :-/
[snip!]

    While I'd be more inclined to believe that die() would be
considered more of a function (which is why I continue to write it
with the attached parentheses) than a language construct (such as
'exit'), it appears to be nothing more than a matter of semantics in
PHP.

I saw questioning whether die() was a really function or not, as
metaphorical joke on the metaphysical. Maybe I'm just weird.

Other discussion re: globals-on has me thinking about an element of
coding on a client site I haven't reviewed lately, a move to OOP seems
indicated. Is that the usual method to avoid that or is that just one
of several methods?

Ulex (channeling an English teacher who said "That that is that that
that" was technically correct in English but she wouldn't explain it
to the class at the time. It was high school, many years ago.)