Re: MSSQL

On Jan 8, 2008 8:58 PM, Shelley Shyan <Shelley.Shyan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Did you check that you have enabled MSSQL extension?
> That is,
> On XP system, you should have this line 'extension=php_msql.dll' in php.ini file and the leading ';' be removed.
> On Ubuntu, you should also install mssql extension, which is a little more complex.
>
> There should be no problem once you have managed mssql.
> It talks to sql server 2005/2000 quite well.
>

> Regards,
> Shelley

Just to be clear, the post above has a typo and should read
'extension=php_mssql.dll'.

I have found that for PHP hosted on a Windows box to talk to SQL
Server 2005 you have to have the latest version of the library
ntwdblib.dll or it won't connect. (The details were in the comments in
the manual page for mssql if you haven't checked this already.) SQL
Server 2000 doesn't usually have a problem. I haven't tried to connect
to SQL Server from a Linux box, though.

Other than that, the only tricks I have found involve making sure you
are using the correct server address syntax if SQL Server is using
something other than the default port (pretty simple, but I've seen it
trip a few folks up) and using SQL Authentication rather than Windows
(trusted) authentication. If you are ultimately looking to connect
from a Linux box I am guessing this is already the case.

Andrew