Re: Can't find .php3 files

I'm trying to help a friend migrate his application to php 5 from another system. The problem seems to be that he references files (require, include, etc) that have a .php3 extension, however there are no files in those locations with the .php3. There are files with .php extensions. It's running on a system that has php 4 on it.

If you can ssh in to the server, go to the base folder of the app and:

grep -nri 'php3' *

and make sure there are no references in the code to php3 files.

Else try the same in windows search or using your editor, see if it has a 'find in files' type option.

So I'm sure either php or Apache is rewriting the files somehow, but I don't know how.

Check for a .htaccess file.

See if apache is set up to handle php3 files, look for something like this in the config:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php3

If this is causing a fatal error, your logs should also tell you where to start looking. The apache2 error logs are pretty good, eg:

[date] [error] [client ipaddr] PHP Warning: include(../includes/db.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /path/to/file.php

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/