Re: First stupid post of the year.

On Jan 2, 2008 2:27 PM, Jim Lucas <lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Nathan Nobbe wrote:
> > i wonder what the record will be this year for the number of identical
> > to a question in a single thread ;)
> > looks like this one is already out in front!
> >
> > -nathan
> >

> problem is, most of the responses have not answered the OP's inital
> question.
>
> It wasn't about style it wider, it was about removing characters from a
> string.

sometimes you have to realize the current solution may not be the best.
if you realize this issue could be dealt w/  by using css then all the
string filtering
nonsense becomes irrelevant.

and yes several people posted nearly identical solutions.

i know its futile to complain, sort of like the [SOLVED] thing we discussed
a while back.
well i just find it annoying when people dont bother to read through the
currently posted
solutions before posting the exact same thing or nearly identical thing
themselves.
if i were to post something nearly identical to a previously posted
solution, i would
preface it with an explanation, here is why, although a similar solution was
posted,
this subsequent post is relevant....
anyway thats my little rant and now that ive said it; now ill go on ignoring
it..

-nathan