Re: About search engine usability

On Tuesday 01 January 2008 19:21:09 Richard Lynch wrote:
> On Mon, December 31, 2007 5:19 pm, Jim Webber wrote:
> > Hello I'm building a website with a search engine.
> > Do you think it is more usable if the search interface had a search
> > button? or do you think it will be more convenient to not have button
> > let the users just push "enter" to search.
> >
> > I would appreciate any comment regarding this, thanks.
>
> Have the button, but make it tiny.
>
> There are always some users too new to know that they don't need a
> button.
>
> The rest can ignore the tiny bubbles.  I mean button. :-v

I HATE pages with js forms (just because its js) and "uncomplete" forms. I
love surfing and finding information with just my trackball. The imense power
of linux gpm mark/copy - paste, makes us undeniable lazy.
I actually got to go looking for the extra :'
'
to fetch'n copy the "virtual" enter... takes a few extra ms at than, but I
don't have to move a finger.
If I got the button I don't have to think about it, without it I got no
choice.

--
---
Børge Holen