Re: Writing text into images, and setting text size [SOLVED]

Rob,

Thank you for helping me through this.

'--enable-gd-native-ttf'
'--with-ttf'

This was the key information. I thought that having the GD modules installed meant I had TTF support. But after I saw that, I realized that TTF support was a separate module within the GD library.

On my home Ubuntu environment, placing TTF support simply meant installing the right package from the repository (which I found in Synaptic by searching for "PHP TTF").

I'm hoping that TTF support is reasonably common on web hosting services, since I'm aspiring for my code to be portable.

In any case, you've helped me get to the point that I needed to get to, so I am very grateful for your support.

Thanks.

--
Dave M G