Re: Help Sending Mail

On Tue, December 11, 2007 4:24 pm, Daniel Brown wrote:
> On Dec 11, 2007 12:20 PM, Richard Lynch <ceo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I dunno if RFC822 specifies which ending but I *do* know that this
>> breaks the current PEAR mimePart.php code.
>
>     RFC 822 has been obsolete since RFC 2822 was introduced in 2001.
>
>     We (that is, myself and other members of the IETF) are working on
> a new BIS/Draft for a new RFC that will revise (obsolete certain parts
> of) 822 and 2822.  However, it's already been mentioned that headers
> should remain as standardized in 2822 (which I think will most likely
> be the case).

822, 2822, whatever.

Just tell GMail to fix their dang code or get the PEAR guys to fix
theirs so it works!

PS
I don't even know what the standard *IS* for newlines in email headers
anymore.
I just plain gave up on it, as nobody is following it.
A standard nobody follows isn't a standard; It's a waste of paper.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?