issues with imap_qprint()

Hey there,

I try to decode the subjects of an email with German umlaute (öäü ..),
which are encoded in in quoted printable.

For Example ... the string "Gr=FC=DFen" has to be converted to "Grüßen".

I tried it with a little example and it worked fine:

<?php
$test = imap_qprint("Gr=FC=DFen");
$handle = fopen("codetest.xml", "w");
fwrite($handle, $test);			// writes "Grüßen" into the file
fclose($handle);
?>

But when i implement the imap_qprint function into the real script,
in which i read the email header information it writes something like this:

"=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Grüßen?"

So it decodes right but it puts this ugly iso code info
around the result. It's kinda wired because i use it exactly
the way I did in the example shown above.

Is there any way to avoid this or a build in function to strip
that crap??

greets,
Max