Re: Issue with STRFTIME and Daylight Savings

Hi Rob:

Thanks for the feedback.

Just to throw one in from "left field", the script is written in AWK, not
PHP (told you I was a novice!)

Have confirmed that 'systime' refers to hardware clock, so I have a quick
and dirty work-around by adding '3600' (seconds) to STRFTIME, but will look
into a cleaner solution.

Thanks & Regards,
Malcolm.

Malcolm Green
Voice Consultant, Managed Network Services
CSC Australia Pty Limited
M: 0401-002-569
T: (02) 9034-3114
E: malcolm.green@xxxxxxxxxx

"Vision without action is a dream; action without vision is a nightmare." -
Chinese Proverb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for such purpose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

             Robert Cummings
             <robert@interjinn
                                       Malcolm Green <mgreen38@xxxxxxxxxx>
             03/12/2007 04:53                                           cc
             PM                        php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re:  Issue with STRFTIME and
                                       Daylight Savings

On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 15:14 +1000, Malcolm Green wrote:
> Hi Support:
>
> I've moved into a new role and inherited a system which uses the
'STRFTIME'
> function to create a filename in the form 'strftime("%Y%m%d")'; the
> filename is supposed to be "today's date". (Note I've left out the file
> extension for clarity.)
>
> I've noticed that system creates the wrong filename when the process runs
> between midnight and 12:59am, during Daylight Savings time. That is, it
> creates a filename equal to "yesterday's date". When run at 1:00am or
> later, everything OK.
>
> I've checked the Date/Time and 'Locale' settings in Windows, and
everything
> is ok. My initial thought was that STRFTIME was looking a the system
clock
> rather than Windows (?).
>
> Can you help?
>
> (PS ... please be gentle, I'm a novice at PHP!)

Check your timezone settings in php.ini

Cheers,
Rob.
SwarmBuy.com - http://www.swarmbuy.com

    Leveraging the buying power of the masses!