Re: Calendar

I'm about to add some simple calendar functions to my application, and I'm thinking of how I should implement recurring events. Are there one standard way most people use that works well? I guess you have some kind of emitter event that creates the recurring events and a group id that holds the events together. How long forward does one usually create the events. Two-three years...?

Sorry if I'm a bit blury. But any ideas on recurring events are welcome. I guess I could just hack something together, but it would be fun to do it right.

If you're on Unix you will need a cron job that runs every x minutes. That could check a database for jobs/tasks that need running, using the current time and an option like "run this job every 10 minutes" to determine what needs running, (ie in that case if the current time isn't divisible by ten then don't run it).

--
Richard Heyes
http://www.websupportsolutions.co.uk

Knowledge Base and HelpDesk software
that can cut the cost of online support

** NOW OFFERING FREE ACCOUNTS TO CHARITIES AND NON-PROFITS **