Re: Join question

Crayon Shin Chan wrote:
> On Friday 30 November 2007, Robert Cummings wrote:
>
>> That's an amusing statement. I took a peek back in time and noticed
>> that in the past 5 months you've only made two on-topic useful posts to
>> the PHP General list-- and they were both for the same thread.
>
> If you have that much free time on your hands, should you not be looking
> for my off-topic posts so you can prove a point?

my guess it took less time to search for 'Crayon' in his mail archive than
it took you to write the sentence.

> Or are you saying that one needs to make a lot of on-topic posts to build
> up credit in order to be able to make off-topic posts?

aparently Rob wasn't saying this ... but I would, regardless the OP (tedd) has
earned his keep so to speak (and probably taken more shit than you in the process
without resorting to troll-like behaviour) - this is proved by the fact that
people like Rob are helping him with something that is not strictly on topic.

besides which it's rather pointless telling someone to go elsewhere for help
when they already got the help and posted that they had solved the problem.