Re: Structured Code vs. Performance

Thank you for the answers.

My abstract:

Use separate files for separate code. Easy to maintain, no real loss in
performance. That's fine, as I'm just doing so (like if I need a database
abstraction, I include dbas.php and if dbas.php needs some miscellaneous
functionality, it includes misc.php by itself - so no worry for me to think
about the dependencies of the scripts). Yes, that makes use of
require_once() et al., but as I didn't plan to use something like ACP, it
seems to be no problem so far.

Use absolute pathnames when including. That's too what I do, as I don't want
scripts to be found accidentally - see the thread about inlcuding config.php
for that ;-).

Caching code might be another possibility for gaining speed - I will think
about that later, thank you for the hints.

And last but not least: First make your code work in a proper and
maintainable way. Then think (and ask) for speed. And don't expect people to
assume you have done it this way ;-).

If someone wants to complete this abstract, it would be appreciated,
otherwise I'm done.

Thank you again!
Thomas