Re: Re: Gallery Script

On 27/11/2007, Andrew Peterson <gretschdrummer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm assuming that everytime you page refreshes, it pulls in ALL the contents
> of the directory?
>
> If you are, you could dynamically create the Prev/Next buttons.  When you
> create the link for each individual pictures, you could add the prev and
> next files to the link:
>

> $pictureLink = "<a
> href="picture.php?picture=pic2.jpeg&prev=pic1.jpeg&next=pid3.jpeg">Picture
> 2</a>
>
> Make sense?
>
> -Andrew
>

> PS - You could also google "PHP Photo Gallery", there are TON of scripts out
> there.
>

> On Nov 27, 2007 7:20 AM, Tom Chubb <tomchubb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> it
> > >
> > > If you don't mind relying on javascript then take a look at lightbox or
> > > thickbox and similar soltuions.
> > >
> > > These are solutions where you only need to generate a gallery page with
> > > the thumbnails and it will do the rest for you complete with
> > > previous/next links and even thumbnails...
> > >
> > > Col
> > >
> > > --
> > >

> > I'm not against using Javascript, but I'd like to learn more about how
> > to do it in PHP. (Admittedly it would probably be better in
> > Javascript!)
> >

> > --

Tom Chubb
tomchubb@xxxxxxxxx
07912 202846
Thanks Andrew,
It's the link for the first image I'm having problems with.
I can create a table with all the images, but I can't work out how to
specify a single image to use as the main (larger image)
Let's say that I've got 4 images called img1, img2, img3, img4. The
script gets the filenames using readdir() but how do I associate the
results with one image, eg img3? I thought it would be something like
$files[2] then the prev/next would be $files[1] & $files[2]

The section of code is:

if ($file !="thumbs.db" && $file !="_notes" && !is_dir($file))
                               {
                               echo "<td><a href=\"" . $file . "\">" .
$file . "</a></td>\r\n";
                               $count++;