Re: PHP file slow, same file in HTML faster

Jose Toroscani Hernandez wrote:
> All  .php files are displayed in 10 seconds (aprox).
> Example:  test.php
>
> But, the same file with extension html   (test.html), is displayed in 1 second.
>

> The system is:
> - RHEL 5
> - PHP 5.1
> - Apache
>
> I apreciate your help.

There is probably some initialisation that PHP is doing that slowing
things down. I find that usually this kind of thing is caused by DNS
lookups and the like, but it could be any number of things. If you have
a modular build, try disabling all the PHP extensions and ensure that a
minimal system is quick then enable the extensions one by one and see
where it goes bang.

HTH

Col