question regarding type hinting parameters of php functions

Hi,

i have tried a current snapshot of PHP 5.3 and have a question regarding type hinting.

For example when using the function
"array_slice(array $array, int $offset, int $length)"
with a non-integer length parameter, what is the desired behavior?

When calling
  "array_slice($array, 0, (float)2);"
  the resulting array is EMPTY.
When using the right type
  "array_slice($array, 0, (int)2);"
  it works as expected.

Shouldn't there be a notice/warning than just a wrong return value?
In my case there is neither a warning nor does it work as expected.
(perhaps it do something wrong?)

Of course i can use int's, but in my opinion either a warning should be given or the function should gracefully handle the wrong typed parameter.

Thank you for any feedback,
Dirk