Re: Gmail Account Invites (Want One?)

On Nov 16, 2007 9:47 AM, Stut <stuttle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Daniel Brown wrote:

> >> Well, if it makes you feel better, you can invite me.  :-)
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >> tedd
> >>
> >> --
> >> -------
> >> http://sperling.com  http://ancientstones.com  http://earthstones.com
> >>

> >     For the record, Tedd, when I sent a Gmail invite to your Gmail
> > account, it didn't reduce my number of invites.
> >
> >     Let me know what the email says, if it offers any additional hint
> > as to why the invites still exist.
>
> Surely this is obvious? If they remove them they would remove a way for
> their users to introduce new people to the service. Removing that
> ability wouldn't make sense to me. It might make more sense if they
> changed the wording, but the feature does no harm and so is definitely
> worth them keeping it in.
>
> -Stut
>
> --
> http://stut.net/

    Yes, but Stut, you have a maximum of 100 invites and when you're
out, you're out.  I agree it makes it seem like more of a "hot-ticket
item" while limiting people, but I don't know if that is, in fact,
what they're going for.

--
Daniel P. Brown
[office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272

If at first you don't succeed, stick to what you know best so that you
can make enough money to pay someone else to do it for you.