Re: Re: file_exists

It could present a problem depending on how the permissions are setup
on the shared hosting and if open_base is in effect.
If they can get the /etc/shadow file from a php being ran by apache
then you have an issue, because apache would be
running as root. Take the below example.

include('templates/".$_GET['page'].".php);

Even if you had the ability to include remote files turned on you
wouldn't be able to pull one. What you can do is pull anything
the webserver is allowed to view (ie /etc/passwd). While that doesn't
contain any passwords it lets people know valid system
logins. You can get the contents to dump by using

www.somehost.com/index.php?page=../../../../../../../../../etc/passwd%00

The %00 is what you call a null terminator. This will drop anything
that's add after it.  I hope this helps.

William Betts