Re: installing PHP 5.3 on MAC with mysqlnd support

On Nov 15, 2007 10:00 AM, Hodicska Gergely <felho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi!
>

> Can somebody give me some guideline how to install PHP 5.3 to a Mac
> (intel based) with mysqlnd support?
>
> TIA!
>

> Best Regards,
> Felhő

Consider using Macports (http://www.macports.org/) to install it. After
installing macports onto your computer, do this in the terminal:

// This will give you the available PHP downloads
> port search php5

// This will give you the available variants (I think)
> port info php5

// For example, to install PHP5 with mysqlnd support, you would do this
(NOTE: this has *not* been tested)
> sudo port install php5 +mysqlnd

Try that. See if it gets you anywhere. If you haven't used Macports
(formally Darwinports) before, do some reading on their website to figure it
out. I think it simplifies the process of building and installing software
on the Mac.

HTH
~Philip