Re: Re: Need a hint how to track an error

Al wrote:
> Install the Firefox extension "HTML Validator". It does a real time Tidy
> check for every page.

good advice.

> Make your code W3C compatible and it'll work on all modern browsers.

less good advice. I agree you should be doing everything to make your code
validate 100% BUT having 100% valid code doesn't garantee jack about it
working on all browsers.

that said not having 100% validated HTML means you have nothing to
base anything on ... so the only sane option is to validate and then
work out any problems you have from that point.

And Al does implie an important point, namely that most errors will indeed
never surface when your HTML validates.