Re: Need a hint how to track an error

Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
Chris wrote:
Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
My php program is working with Firefox, but not with Internet Explorer.
Nothing to do with php, your problem is javascript.

Is there a tool to find the problem?
For IE, try

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=e59c3964-672d-4511-bb3e-2d5e1db91038&displaylang=en

Why do you guys assume javascript

I am disappointed that after switching totally from XP to Ubuntu to
suggest me a Windows tool! I installed in a VirtualBox XP again and
above tool helped me to find the mistake:

Was it not a javascript error that you showed us?

<?php echo "$S_VALUE<p>xxxx</FONT";
}
?>
<form ..... >

The tool helped me to find the missing ``>'' after </FONT   since it
showed me no value for the submit buttons.

Is there no other tool available that can find such errors?     tool
<webpage > error.list

Sure, view the source code in firefox and the syntax highlighting would have shown you the problem.

Why in the world are you still using the <font...> tag? Also, learn to close your HTML tags that require a closing tag.

What version of HTML are you coding for?

bye

Ronald

--
Jim Lucas

   "Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
       and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene V
    by William Shakespeare