Re: Local vs Master Configure values

On 11/9/07, Nathan Nobbe <quickshiftin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Nov 9, 2007 5:01 PM, Nathan Nobbe <quickshiftin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Nov 9, 2007 4:24 PM, tedd <tedd@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Hi gang:
> > >
> > > I'm confronting a safe_mode problem and have a question.
> > >
> > > My PHP Info states that safe_mode is ON for local and OFF for master
> > > -- what does that mean?
>
> o i forgot about this part.  the global column depicts values in php.ini.
> the local column indicates the value has been overridden in one of the
> various
> allowed locations.
> i.e.
> httpd.conf
> .htaccess
> ini_set()
>
> if its on for local and off for master; most likely it is being
> enabled in http.conf
> or a .htaccess file.  at least thats what i would imagine based on the
> locations
> that are allowed to override it as stated in the manual.
>
> -nathan

safe_mode 's changeability is described as PHP_INI_SYSTEM, so the option can
be set in php.ini or httpd.conf only.

  Constant Value Meaning  PHP_INI_USER 1 Entry can be set in user scripts
PHP_INI_PERDIR 2 Entry can be set in php.ini, .htaccess or httpd.conf
PHP_INI_SYSTEM 4 Entry can be set in php.ini or httpd.conf  PHP_INI_ALL 7 Entry
can be set anywhere

David