RE: More info on timeout problem, with code

> Thanks for the comment. I removed the trailing semi-colon in the two
> areas where it was being sent to mysql_query() and tried the code again.
> I'm still getting the same basic problem -- it silently aborts somewhere
> around 22,000 to 26,000 records being processed out of just under 30,000.
> When I don't build the $insert_query string, I am able to read through the
> CSV file completely.
>
> As odd as this sounds, should I put in some type of delay? Could the
> system be thinking it's getting flooded by all of the inserts?

I didn't know you were on a shared server.  I think your first problem is getting your 50+ MB file transfered/uploaded.  Maybe it can be FTP'd from authenticated users, then a cronjob can run to check the directory for unprocessed uploaded files, then parse it to create the TRUSTED SQL statement and maybe even use LOAD DATA INFILE.