Re: PHP Won't Access Files Outside Web Root (Leopard/MacOS X 10.5)

On 11/6/07 12:57 PM, "Nathan Nobbe" <quickshiftin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 11/6/07, Rahul S. Johari <sleepwalker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> On 11/6/07 12:03 PM, "Nathan Nobbe" <quickshiftin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> look for /etc/fstab
>>>
>>> -nathan
>>
>> Nathan,
>>
>> Found /etc/fstab.hd ... But it's contents are conspicuous:
>>
>> IGNORE THIS FILE.
>> This file does nothing, contains no useful data, and might go away in
>> future releases.  Do not depend on this file or its contents.
>>
>> !!!
>
> perhaps if you google around on something like mac os x /etc/fstab
> something useful will turn up.  im sure there is an alternative mechanism
> to mount things at boot time on that system.
>
> -nathan

Oh I've been living off of Google since I upgraded to Leopard ;)
The problem is, Leopard is so new, there's not so much information out there
yet about various services & issues coming up with Leopard. Back when I had
Panther (10.3.9), it was a quick jump on Google that would rid me of all
Worldly Problems. Information is very slowly trickling out about things in
Leopard - they just changed SO MANY things in Leopard, it's not even funny.