Re: Function return

Dan Shirah wrote:
That is correct, the due_date field should only accept a valid date format,
such as MM/DD/YYYY.  To bypass the need for a validation check for this
field I simply set the text field to disabled and supplied the user with a
javascript popup calendar that upon selection populates the date in the
format I want. :)

Client-side limits are not an effective defense against dangerous inputs. Server-side validation is a must regardless of any client-side checking that goes on.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/