Re: Not Null?

On 10/31/07, Robin Vickery <robinv@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 31/10/2007, Steve Marquez <smarquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I have a script that looks for the variable to be NULL and then execute. Is
> > there a way for the script to look for anything or something in the variable
> > and then execute?
> >
> > Ex:
> >
> > If (Œ$a¹ == Œ ANYTHING¹) {
>
> oh dear, krazee quotes... at least I presume that's what those wierd
> characters are.
>
> Look in the manual for isset() (http://www.php.net/isset) and empty()
> (http://www.php.net/empty).
>
> -robin
>
> --

    Robin, I think you hit it exactly on the head with the quote issue.

    Steve, use regular single or double quotes, not any kind of fancy
quotes or backticks.  It may be the editor you're using: if you use
Microsoft Word or another similar word processor, it may replace the
quotes with something it things is "prettier".  If you're using
Windows, use notepad, `edit.com` from the command line, or download
any IDE you'd like - many or which are free and open source, and even
handle PHP specifically.

--
Daniel P. Brown
[office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day.  Then you'll find out he was
allergic and is hospitalized.  See?  No good deed goes unpunished....