Re: show required row first and then other remaining rows

Sanjeev N wrote:
Hi,

Consider the following case

mysql> select *from names;

+----+---------+------------+

| id | name    | phone      |

+----+---------+------------+

|  1 | sanju   | 9845650000 |

|  2 | sanjeev | 9972230000 |

|  3 | puttu   | 9900580000 |

|  4 | raju    | 9448110000 |

+----+---------+------------+

Now I want to display the row whose name is puttu (id=3) first and then want
to display other rows in order (order by name) as follows

+----+---------+------------+

| id | name    | phone      |

+----+---------+------------+

|  3 | puttu   | 9900580000 |

|  4 | raju    | 9448110000 |

|  2 | sanjeev | 9972230000 |

|  1 | sanju   | 9845650000 |

Can somebody tell me is it possible. If its possible then please help me to
solve this problem.

Actually I am fetching all the rows from this table to my php page and there
if I choose some name then that should appear at top and rest should be
below in name order.

SELECT * from names ORDER by name;

Stephen