Re: Can a PHP script process a file on a remote computer?

Hi Andrew:

    Thanks for the reply.

    If I use fopen() to open the remote file, how do I specify its location?
Isn't it going to need to know not only the address of the computer I'm
using but the path on that computer to the file?  Does it get all that from
the name I pass over to it?

    Also, can I adjust the allow_url_fopen setting from within a PHP script,
or do I need to manually set it in the PHP.INI file?  The server I'm
using -- not my own; this is for a friend -- is a shared server with GoDaddy
and they make it so incredibly hard to find anything.

    Thanks!

        Jon