Re: Re: [PHP-INSTALL] MySQL connector installation/upgrade problems

David Christopher Zentgraf wrote:
> On  23. Oct 2007, at 20:33, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>
>> If you compile PHP and it finds v3 of mysql that means that you must
>> have the old development libraries for mysql 3 installed in some
>> capacity (I believe).
>>
>> What is the output of:
>> rpm -qa --nosignature --nodigest | grep -i mysql
>>
>> This should give some clues.
>
> $ rpm -qa --nosignature --nodigest | grep -i mysql
> MySQL-server-community-5.0.45-0.rhel3
> mod_auth_mysql-20030510-2.ent
> MySQL-shared-compat-5.0.45-0.rhel3
> MySQL-client-community-5.0.45-0.rhel3
> mysql-bench-3.23.58-16.RHEL3.1
> MySQL-python-0.9.1-6
> libdbi-dbd-mysql-0.6.5-5
> perl-DBD-MySQL-2.1021-4.EL3
> qt-MySQL-3.1.2-17.RHEL3
> php-mysql-4.3.2-43.ent
> MySQL-devel-community-5.0.45-0.rhel3
>
> Now I'm even more confused, the 5.0.45 devel package *is* there.

Yeah that looks pretty OK to me (tho' not overly knowledgeable with
Fedora/Centos packaging)

>> I would imagine (don't know) that PHP would use the mysql_config program
>> to work out which mysql is installed and get the relevent cflags and
>> linking options. For me this is provided by the
>> MySQL-devel-community-5.0.27 package from MySQL... Is this definitely
>> installed?
>
> $ mysql_config
> Usage: /usr/bin/mysql_config [OPTIONS]
>         --cflags         [-I/usr/include/mysql -g -pipe -march=i386
> -mcpu=i686]
>         --include        [-I/usr/include/mysql]
>         --libs           [-L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -lz -lcrypt
> -lnsl -lm]
>         --libs_r         [-L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient_r -lz -lpthread
> -lcrypt -lnsl -lm -lpthread]
>         --socket         [/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock]
>         --port           [3306]
>         --version        [5.0.45]
>         --libmysqld-libs [-L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqld -lz -lpthread
> -lcrypt -lnsl -lm -lpthread -lrt]
>
> Doing a simple ls -l on both /usr/lib/mysql and /usr/include/mysql shows
> me that all libraries in there are from Jul 5th, which is too old to be
> my recent MySQL install. So these seem to be the files that need
> updating. Which package will do that for me?

No, I reckon Jul 5th could be about right.... when was .45 released? I
had it in my head it was august but Jul doesn't seem too far before that
so entirely possible.

Use rpm -qf <filename> to see which package owns which files.

you can also use rpm -V <pck> to verify that the package has not be
modified on disk.

Does PHP 4 perhaps come with it's own mysql library in the source?
Perhaps you have to pass an argument?

Try using something like: --with-mysql=shared,/usr in the configure to
PHP. That's certainly how I configure PHP5. The args for 4 may be
different tho'.

Col.