Re: Proposal of DOM non-standard method: DOMDocument::loadCharacterEntitiesFromDtd($path)

Freyjkell wrote:
DOMDocument::loadCharacterEntitiesFromDtd($path);

I like to load character entities (not whole document type definition).

When I try to do that by creating my own DTD with only character
entities, and setting resolveExternals to true, then DTD parser
complains that it didn't occur root definition.

The proposed method, if called before DOMDocument::load/loadXML(), would
get character entities from DTD (and its modules) and apply them during
parsing XML. If called multiply, or if XML contains a DTD reference,
entities put before would be overwritten.

// I sent this post to php.xml.dev, but I didn't get reply for long time.

A day or two is not a long time and some things are not cut and dry, requiring a little time to think about it. If you want to override the DTD, you should look at using catalogs or create a custom stream handler to alter the XML document as it is parsed.

Rob