Re: Re: newbie questions

Richard, unfortunately I cannot end the script. I need something like this:

<?php
    header('Location: http://www.yahoo.com');
    // somehow let the browser move to yahoo.com
    // now update the database to store some information about user
    exit;
?>

Richard Heyes wrote:
Ravi wrote:

That was very very helpful. Thanks a ton!

One more question. For every request, I am sending a redirect back to the user and the browser takes the user to another url. The problem is that the browser is not redirecting until the script finishes. Even if I do flush(), the browser waits til script ends. Is there a way to force browser to redirect and not wait for the script to end?

In Java I can think of many ways, one is to use threads, hand of data to another thread and return the response. Another solution would be to store data in memory (static variable) and update only after every 100 requests.

Not having read the rest of the thread, you could call exit just after the redirect header is sent, eg:

<?php
    header('Location: http://www.yahoo.com');
    exit;
?>