Re: This, then that.

At 6:23 PM +0200 10/19/07, Zoltán Németh wrote:
2007. 10. 19, péntek keltezéssel 12.07-kor tedd ezt írta:
 At 8:19 PM -0400 10/18/07, TG wrote:
 >Describe the process a little more.

 Ok, here's what I want to do.

 I want to prohibit an image from being shown to anyone who is not
 permitted (i.e., logged in).

 The way I want to do this is to:

 1. Set the image permissions to 0640. That way no one can get to the image.

 2. Then my application (part 1) will show the images to whomever is
 approved by changing the permission and then loading the image. Of
 course, the image can be taken at that point, but only by the person
 who was approved.

 3. After the application (part 1) runs, I want another application
 (part 2) to come along and change the permissions of the image back
 to 0640.

 Now, I have no problems with anything other than getting part 2 to
 run after part 1 runs. So, that's the problem.

 As to any server questions, I would like the answer to be generic or
 a way to determine which server type it is and make adjustments
 accordingly.

why not put the image outside of the webroot? I don't think anyone can
access it there, if not using your imageserving php which authenticates
the user.

greets
Zoltán Németh

Safe mode is on which prohibits me from doing that.

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------